Job Title: School Receptionist
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 depending on experience
Are you a highly organised Receptionist? Are you confident in a fast-paced environment?
LHR are proud to be partnered exclusively with a Blackburn based school, who are now looking for 2 experienced School Receptionists to join their busy team. These are full time positions working 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The School Receptionist is the ‘face’ of the school, the first point of call for visitors, parents, students, and staff. We are looking for highly organised candidates who are confident working in a busy environment and able to multi-task, as no two days are the same within this role!
Key duties of the School Receptionist:
- Be the first point of contact for visitors to the school, extending a warm welcome to callers – including parents, visitors, contractors and delivery staff
- Deal effectively with telephone calls, transferring callers to relevant staff and taking and passing on messages as required
- To follow safeguarding procedures by issuing passes and lanyards to visitors, ensuring that visitors are signed into the school and checking DBS information for visitors
- Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers in a timely manner with minimum disruption to lessons
- Receive and distribute daily post and deliveries, and frank outgoing post
- Monitor the reception email, responding to queries
- Help maintain general order in the school e.g. clearing lost property and tidying notice board.
- Assist with management of building and locker keys
- Collate registers and check absences
- Provide first day calling to parents of absent pupils
- Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases including student and staff contact information
- To Administer First Aid and complete accident reports
The successful School Receptionist:
- Previous experience on a busy Reception is essential for this role, ideally within a school or professional services environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, able to deal with a variety of people within the school environment
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise your workload effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious education team. Lunch is provided in their restaurant, and there is on-site parking. Candidates will be subject to a DBS check for this role.
If you’re looking for your next School Receptionist role, forward your CV through to us.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.