Job Title: New Business Team Manager
Are you an experienced New Business Team Manager with strong time management & organisational skills? Are you looking for a company that offers genuine long-term development?
LHR are proud to be partnered with a specialist financial services business. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a New Business Team Manager to join their Blackburn operation. This is a busy & varied role. You will work closely with colleagues in Operations, Sales & Credit & Risk departments overseeing the New Business proposal and documentation process.
Key duties of the New Business Team Manager:
• Managing the New Business process to agreed service levels and quality metrics. Consider if these measures are appropriate in the face of changing economic conditions and customer needs
• Building strong peer relationships with appropriate up and downstream feedback and support
• Day to day people management of a diverse team at different stages of development and experience
• Development of a newly formed team, identification of training needs and support to deliver them
• Actively searching for service development opportunities to improve the customer journey.
• Setting our clear delivery plans and results of positive impacts
• Supporting the Head of Operations with reports around business volume and quality.
· Forecasting and predicting issues that are likely to impact the business and working to build contingencies
• Considering service impacts/improvements that may not necessarily improve New Business but positively impacts the customer journey
• Ensure the smooth delivery of the new operating platform project for 2023 and enhance opportunities beyond this
The successful New Business Team Manager:
• At least 2 years’ experience in team management ideally in a finance/banking
• Experience of change project delivery, ideally experience of system change and operational system development
• A proven track record of delivering operational and team development
• A willingness to get your hands dirty, understand the challenges and opportunities for your team at a practical level
• The proven ability to motivate and lead a team in a fast changing, fast paced environment.
• A level-headed approach when things do not go to plan or need to change quickly
• Strong attention to detail and a practical approach to rectify service gaps
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
• Excellent communication skills and relationship development
• Being comfortable to challenge the accepted way of doing things, but also being ready to build and deliver the change you are suggesting
• Passionate about Customer Service
• A ‘Can Do’ positive attitude at all times.
What’s in it for you as a New Business Team Manager?
· Annual discretionary bonus scheme
· 28 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme (after 3 months’ probation)
· Income Protection
· Life Cover
· Employee Benefit Discount Scheme including an element of Healthcare Cash Plan
· Private Medical Cover
· Free parking
· Flexible working arrangements (Ability to work from home 2 days a week after full training and probationary period)
If you’re looking for your next New Business Team Manager opportunity, forward your CV through to us!
**Please note as part of the recruitment process you will be required to provide right to work documents. **
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.