Job Title: MRO Buyer
Are you an experienced MRO Buyer?
LHR are proud to be partnered with a prestigious national manufacturing company. This fantastic employer has an unrivalled reputation, and they are now looking for an experienced MRO Buyer for their state of the art Burnley location.
As the MRO Buyer, you will be responsible for identifying and procuring goods and services across all indirect categories, with a strong focus on Maintenance, Repairs and Operations (MRO). You will report directly into the Procurement Manager, and work closely with wider teams including maintenance, facilities and Engineering.
Key duties of the MRO Buyer:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Build, manage and maintain supplier relationships
- Manage and monitor contracts and drive service improvements from existing and new sources of supply
- Improve spend controls, management reporting and KPI’s, building a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Management of MRO spend, Cap Ex planning and utilities spend
- Implement and manage inventory of maintenance spares via SAP/MRP
- Source and schedule customer tooling and software
The successful MRO Buyer:
- Demonstrated experience of operating in a project management capacity, leading the delivery of end to end procurement projects
- Able to understand engineering/technical drawings
- Strong negotiation skills, experience in contract management and managing supplier performance
- Experience of adding value, reducing costs and making business improvements
- CIPS membership is a distinct advantage but not essential
What’s in it for you as a MRO Buyer:
- Salary of £35,000
- Genuine and ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Pension scheme employer contribution 6%
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Regular team events
- Healthcare plan
If you are looking for your next opportunity as an MRO Buyer, please get in touch.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.