Job Title: General Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary: ZAR 40,000 to ZAR 50,000 + bonus potential
LHR are proud to be partnered with a fantastic global group incorporating 6 unique resorts around the world. They are now offering a unique opportunity for an experienced General Manager for 2 of their Game Lodges within Madikwe, with full operational responsibility for 2 properties with 35 rooms between them and the reservations team. This role will be based at the reservation’s office in Johannesburg, South Africa. The company is passionate about ensuring a positive guest experience.
The General Manager Role:
This is a wide-reaching role, encompassing Business Development, Event & Venue Management, Human Resources and Finance. Your direct reports are the reservations team of 5 and the operations manager at the lodge resorts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in company culture change, cost management, events and creating opportunities, while increasing internal staff engagement and development. You will work in the reservations office but will be required to visit the two lodges and this will be overnight required on occasion.
Key Duties of the General Manager:
- Develop strategies to drive sales, increase revenue and grow brand awareness for both lodges, closing sales/bookings as well as leading the sales/reservations/operations teams
- Oversee and lead all promotional campaigns and coordinate with the marketing and sales departments to develop and implement strategies and engagement through social media and traditional marketing channels
Venue Management and Operations:
- Manage and coordinate with outside vendors and all departments within the property, manage and coordinate on site facilities and maintenance to ensure exceptional guest experiences to drive repeat business and customer engagement
- Manage all Human Resources responsibilities within the property & mentor and develop all employees and ensure compliance with company policies/labour law and legal requirements
- P&L, daily revenue reporting, petty cash management, forecasting, inventory management, budget control
The Successful General Manager:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a 4* or 5* private game lodge
- A Hospitality Management qualification (degree or diploma)
- Experience of managing multi-site operations within a unionized environment
- Strong relationship builder both internal teams and external suppliers
Please note, this is not a “live in” position, accommodation is not provided.
If you feel your experience is a match, please forward your CV through to us to arrange a confidential chat to discuss the role in more detail. Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.