Job Title: Costings Estimator
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Are you technically minded with experience of costings or looking to develop your career in this area?
LHR are proud to be partnered with an innovative manufacturing business at the forefront of their industry. They are now looking to recruit a Costings Estimator to their team in Blackburn.
The successful Costings Estimator will produce cost effective solutions for the Business Development and Commercial Departments based on customer and company needs and identify opportunities to support the improvement enquiry conversion rates. We are looking for a candidate with a strong mathematical/analytical mindset and an advanced knowledge of MS Excel. Experience within costing would be preferred, however our client will also consider post graduates looking to develop their career in this field.
What’s in it for you as a Costings Estimator?
- Salary between £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
- Early Friday finish (1.30pm)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free parking
- Company pension scheme & Occupational health
Key duties of the Costings Estimator:
- Proactively monitor and audit all aspects of commercial, sales and quality processes to identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, and policies.
- Ensure all high value projects/enquiries are logged on the system and provide timely updates to ensure awareness of business opportunities.
- Lead and support the management of commercial projects and undertake tasks to develop news business in line with company growth strategies.
- Analyse new items, report any inconsistencies to the relevant employees and communicate improvement recommendations to maintain data accuracy and customer experience.
- Attend gross margin and material variance meetings.
- Help to maintain the costing system by creating manufacture cost sheets to promote accuracy in price lists and provide support to users of the system as required.
- Audit the enquiry data base for accuracy.
- Support with producing CAD drawings for tooling and quotation purposes.
The successful Costings Estimator:
- A good communicator with some experience of leading and supporting projects.
- Mathematical/analytical mindset, strong spreadsheet skills, experience of working with costings and maintaining costing systems.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical, ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of producing CAD drawings and working within internal quality standard audits would be an advantage.
If you’re looking for a Costings Estimator role, forward your CV through to us.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.