Job Title: Buyer
Salary: £25,000 -£30,000
We are recruiting on an exclusive basis for an CIPS qualified buyer to work closely with the Group Supply Chain Director. You must have experience in ordering all areas of buying including services, raw materials, and products. This position is to start asap on a permanent contract.
Whats in it for you as a Buyer:
33 Days holiday Including bank holidays
Training and Development
· Building strong business relationship with suppliers, visiting suppliers, and negotiating contracts and prices
· Monitoring performance of suppliers
· Using SAP for ordering and management of stock
· Liaise with planners and production to ensure stock levels are correct, amend accordingly
· Place quotations and negotiate with suppliers lead times, prices, and quantities
· Liaising with suppliers to ensure delivery times are met
· Manage stock system and progress purchase orders to ensure no downtime
· Matching invoices on SAP with purchase orders
· Working with the Group Supply chain Director with projects
· Fleet maintenance
· Attend internal and external meetings including production department reviews
Skills & Qualifications – Essential
· Proven Administrative / Purchasing background within manufacturing of 3 years.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
· Time management skills.
· Strong commercial awareness / business acumen with an entrepreneurial attitude.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work at all levels.
· Excellent people skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Analytical with excellent numeracy skills and an understanding of budget requirements.
· Ability to work to deadlines / under pressure.
· Proven Health & Safety skills.
Skills & Qualifications – Desirable
· CIPS qualification minimum Level 3 or above
· Experience using SAP / SAP Hana or an equivalent ERP system.