Job title: Purchasing Assistant
Salary: £9:50 an hour
LHR are proud to be partnered with a successful business in Burnley. Our client is a long- established family run business supplying BBQ and Charcoal products to major high street retailers. They are now looking for a purchasing assistant to grow with the business. Experience isn’t required as site will offer full training. Please note this is initially maternity cover with a view to extend to a permanent role for the right candidate.
The job involves assisting the existing team members with all aspects of purchasing, planning, goods inward, despatch and general stock control along with general admin duties.
Working hours are Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-3pm with 1 hr lunch
Key duties of the Purchasing Assistant:
· Assist raising purchase orders with suppliers
· Assist raising Jobs on company System
· Checking Invoices
· Supplier maintenance and pricing
· Assist with any planning requirements be it transport/re-packing/3PL
· General stock control duties
· Goods inward
· Control of reject stock and supplier debit notes
· Customer returns and potential supplier debit notes
· Assisting other stock control team members in relation to goods outbound/transport
The successful Purchasing Assistant:
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent IT skills
· To work well within the team
· Awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
· Willingness to undergo training and get stuck in
What’s in it for you as a Purchasing Assistant:
· Early finish on Friday
· Free parking
· 28 days statutory holiday (including Bank Holidays and Christmas shut down)
· EOT tax free bonus
· End of year bonus scheme
· Full Training provided
If you’re looking for your next Purchasing Assistant opportunity, forward your CV through to us!
**Please note as part of the recruitment process you will be required to provide right to work documents. **
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.