Salary: £20.00 per hour + a monetary uplift when working away from home + vehicle
We are recruiting for an experienced Site Agent/ Site Manager to join a well-established growing construction company who specialise in fit out and refurbs in the retail and leisure industry across the UK. My client prides themselves on completing projects on time, within budget and the quality of their work.
You will be working closely with the contractors and sub-contractors to make sure the project is carried out on schedule. The role will require the selected candidate to be process driven, ensuring that all documentation, method statements and H&S risk assessments are processed to the highest of standards.
The selected site agent/manager will also be responsible for all on site activities, including organising work and making sure key materials are delivered on schedule, identifying any problems with on-site work activities and providing solutions to ensure a project does not run over budget.
This is a client facing role you must be able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, negotiate and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the clients.
There is an induction process and a period of time working with another Site Agent to understand the needs of the client.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage Site development from start to finish
• Develop full-scale plans and associated communication documents, work programs, health & safety paperwork
• Supervising sub-contract procurement and quality control
• Effectively communicate expectations to team members
• Liaise with management team on a regular basis
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
• Experience within a similar role within the construction industry; re fits, fit outs, refurbs
• CSCS Card
• Qualification relevant to the post
• Ability to organise and meet deadlines
• Calm under pressure
• Health & Safety and risk assessments
*Structural experience would be an advantage
Please note this role will require overnight stay when projects are not local and weekends where necessary.
In return, our client offers an hourly rate of £20.00 per hour + a monetary uplift when working away from home, vehicle, 25 days annual leave and bank holidays, free parking and pension after qualifying period.
Normal hours of work are Monday to Friday 48 hours per week. Requires flexibility.
Only candidates who have met the criteria will be contacted.
Laura Hartley Recruitment Ltd is operating as an employment agency.
Laura Hartley Recruitment Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.