Salary: Circa £50,000 DOE
Are you a Chartered Quantity Surveyor looking for your next opportunity with a fantastic company? Our client is well established construction company specialising in fit outs, you will be joining a small team of professionals who you will be working closely with on a daily basis. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and really be a part of a growing business.
LHR are thrilled to be working with a long-standing customer within the construction industry based in the North West specialising in the retail and leisure is recruiting for an experienced Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial team in delivering projects throughout the UK.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
Reporting directly to the Directors you will typically be expected to undertake the following:
• Produce high quality, accurate estimates, presented in a legible, analytical and logical format
• Responsibility for processing tenders
• Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations
• Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team
• Compilation of project preliminaries
• Preparation of budget estimates
• Value Engineering to ensure budgets are achieved without compromising quality
• Assist in the preparation of tenders in good time for analysis and adjudication by the Directors
• Prepare and quantify work schedules for sub-contract and materials enquiries.
• Placement of sub-contract and materials orders
• Management of sub-contract orders and preparation of interim and final valuations
• Record, value and report on variations and issue regular cost reports
• Preparation and submission of final accounts and subsequent negotiation and settlement both with sub-contractors and Clients representatives
• Monitor costs to ensure budgets and targets are achieved
• Report on contractual issues
• Undertake risk evaluation
The Successful Senior Quantity Surveyor:
• A background of working on fast track leisure and retail projects
• Experience on project values of £50k – £2m
• Good communication skills, be well organised and able to work under their own initiative
• Experience with using Conquest estimating software -ESSENTIAL
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive company and one in which you will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development, often working with minimal supervision.
You will be expected to have a full clean driving licence as this position will involve regular travel throughout the UK
This is not a typical 9-5 job but one in which they value hard work and a good work life balance.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary circa £50,000 DOE based on a 48 hours per week and free parking, modern office environment and the opportunity to progress within the business.
Only candidates who have met the criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.