Salary: circa £40,000 DOE
Location: East Lancashire
Are you an experienced Project Engineer looking for your next position? Do you have a background in the construction/engineering industry? Do you have experience with Solidworks 3D CAD?
LH Recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with a unique client based in East Lancashire. Our client specialises in engineering solutions from concept to supply chain and completion and they are now looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work with a fantastic company currently in a rapid growth period.
This is a newly created position due to growth; you will sit between the engineering design team and the project managers. We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer from a preferred background in water, wastewater, steel fabrication and construction.
Key Duties of the Project Engineer:
• Working closely with the sales team and design team to ensure the briefs are understood and completed on time
• Liaising with all internal departments, customer and suppliers
• Use detailed understanding of inspection and control measures to improve quality of final product
• Ensure project budgets are closely controlled ensuring forecast spend is apparent at all times from concept to closure
• Management and adherence to the company’s project management process
• Delivery of projects on time to required quality to the designed specification as agreed and signed off
• Seek to continuously improve your area of responsibilities to drive change through the use of innovative ideas and new technologies, including rationalisation where possible.
• Liaise with contractors and suppliers to maximise contract value and added value support
• Guarantee all project completion and handover documentation are submitted to the right site teams.
The Successful Project Engineer:
• Experience within a similar industry in a similar role. At least 5 years.
• Hold a full engineering degree
• Ideally PRINCE2 project management qualification (or similar).
• Be highly numerate
• A proven problem solver
• Experience of working strictly towards budgets, specifications and timescales
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or other relevant design software
**DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THIS ROLE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE**
On offer is a competitive starting salary of circa £40,000 DOE, as well as 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. The working hours are 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility required due to the nature of the role.
If you are looking to be part of the success of a growing company where hard work and dedication is recognised and rewarded this could be the perfect next step in your career.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.