Salary: circa £24,000 depending on relevant experience
Are you looking to work for an established business where you can grow your career? Do you have a background in production, fulfilment and people management? Are you hard working and up for a challenge? Are you resilient and good at communicating with all levels of personnel?
LHR are excited to be partnered with one of our existing clients based in Blackburn to source an experienced Production Team Leader to join their growing team. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager and will ensure the effective and efficient management of the production and packaging departments in line with business requirements.
You will be highly motivated and have a commercial understanding of key cost drivers and KPI’s. You will have a good general understanding of H&S and be able to actively promote this to the team.
Key Duties of the Production Team Leader:
• Look at the Production Schedule daily in line with the staffing levels and workloads.
• Provide direction and support to the team leaders and senior production operatives
• Facilitate staff performance and development reviews
• Ensure product quality through effective quality management systems, procedures and standard operating processes.
• Control costs and expenditure of the department within agreed budgets
• Completion of production tracker for internal review
• Promote best working practice
• Proactively manage health & safety and actively promote safe working practices to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all staff and compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Achieve all relevant KPI’s
• Support with effective recruitment and motivation of staff
• Ensure effective housekeeping through regular audits
• Maintain training for all employees
The Successful Production Team Leader:
• Proven experience within a similar role
• Be able to manage own time effectively
• Knowledge of quality management systems and customer quality standards
• Understanding of production efficiencies
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and problem solve
• Be able to motivate team and work to tight deadlines
• Manage own admin
• Health & safety management and risk assessment
• Employee performance management skills
• Be able to communication to all levels of personal politely and promptly
This is an exciting role for someone looking for their next step within a fantastic local company.
The client is offering a salary of circa £24,000 depending on relevant experience, the hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm but due to the nature of the role, some flexibility will be required. The successful candidate will benefit from 28 days holiday including bank as well as the possibility for overtime. There is free parking onsite. Along with the above our client is offering 3% pension contributions, employee discount, funded annual events and training and progression opportunities.
Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.