Job Title: Process Operator
Salary: £26,036 incl shift allowance
Are you an experienced process operator who thrives on working in a positive team environment? We are recruiting for operators to join a well-established business in Blackburn.
You will be working as part of a team and individually to ensure the goods are produced on time and quality output whilst maintaining the company’s policies, objectives and goals are adhered to.
This is a 3-shift rota 6-2pm, 2-10pm and 10-6am. You MUST be able to commit to ALL 3 shifts on rota. Our client is passionate about safe working practices and a positive team environment.
Key Duties of the Process Operator
- To ensure continuous production at high quality levels with minimal wasted time
- To ensure materials to produce products that consistently meet company specifications and standards
- Monitor the performance of all the sections of equipment and ensure that they all comply with current technical specifications and procedures.
- Implement the necessary corrective actions to keep the operation within the required specifications
- Report all unsafe equipment and practices to the Supervisor.
- Ensure handover to the next shift is conducted in an orderly manner and in line with current procedures and practices.
- Contribute to team problem solving activities
The Successful Process Operator will have:
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Punctual and adaptable.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team.
- Promotes team spirit and morale with a positive attitude, even in difficult situations
- High attention to detail
- Motivated to learn and develop skills.
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Problem Solver– ability to react and use fault finding skills
- Ability to contribute to improvement processes
- Will recognise the aspects of quality within the production process
- Mechanical and engineering aptitude – Practical and relevant process or plant experience – preferred but not essential
Our client offers a friendly working environment, with free parking. Working hours Monday to Friday but some flexibility is required to attend meetings occasionally. The salary on offer is £26,036 including shift allowance (£13.35 per hour), holiday above statutory, death in service and Pension Scheme.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.