Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you experienced within Practice Accountancy? Do you have experience of cloud-based accounting systems – Xero / QuickBooks / Sage?
LHR are proud to be partnered with a prestigious chartered accountancy, business advisory and wealth management firm based in the North West. Their respected firm supports clients in all areas of accounting, audit and advisory, cloud accounting, corporate finance, payroll, tax, wealth management and private client work.
Our client is now looking to recruit for a Practice Accounts Assistant based from their Blackburn location.
This role will play an integral part of the Cloud Accounting team, supporting the Cloud Manager and Director in delivering projects to assist their clients.
Key Duties of the Practice Accounts Assistant:
• Bookkeeping on a monthly/quarterly basis using a variety of cloud-based software (mainly Xero and QBO) alongside Apps to aid with efficiencies
• Completion of VAT returns and EC Sales Listings
• Preparation of periodic management accounts both in-house and at clients’ premises
• Preparation of year end accounts
• Preparation of corporate tax returns including analysis of tax sensitive nominals
• Assisting with cloud conversions both in-house and at clients’ premises
• Being a trusted adviser to clients, forming excellent client relationships for those whom you maintain the records for
• Being responsible for our service delivery and seeking opportunities to add value
• Supervising junior team members
• To be a buddy to a chosen, less experienced, team member, taking an active role in their work and development.
The Successful Practice Accounts Assistant:
• 2 years of practice experience minimum
• Proficient in Xero, QuickBooks and Sage as well as MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Strong organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
Our client is offering a competitive salary depending on experience with an annual salary review and an annual bonus, 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays, free parking, a flexible benefits scheme including private medical insurance, extra holidays etc, structured ongoing training and development with paid study leave.
If you are looking for your next Practice Accounts Assistant opportunity, please get in touch.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.