Salary: A competitive basic salary of between £35,000 and £40,000 DOE as well as additional company benefits
Are you a fully qualified/part qualified Management Accountant looking for a new opportunity?
LHR are excited to be working exclusively with an existing client with a head office in Blackburn. Our client specialises in transportation and due to restructure they are now looking to appoint a qualified/part qualified Management Accountant. The role will involve working within the wider commercial team while supporting the finance department and report directly to the Finance Controller.
This is a full-time permanent role and an immediate start is available for the right candidate. You will be an enthusiastic self – starter and a team player. If you have ambition to grow your career whilst working for a well-respected and forward-thinking company that cares about their employees, this could be the perfect opportunity. You should have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Sage 50 as well as the ability to make strong independent decisions under pressure.
There will be occasional travel between sites with this role so you must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Key Duties of the Management Accountant:
• Provide financial analysis to the management team
• Systems and process projects to deliver improved business efficiency
• Responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures and to ensure robust financial controls
• Carrying out commercial/operations margin analysis to aid with business decisions
• Support the wider business with key projects
• Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings
• Own budgets and forecast inputs
• Understand business cost drivers and provide insight to managers in all departments
• Ensure financial information is accurate and timely with detailed analysis
• Continuous improvement to business processes.
The Successful Management Accountant:
• Fully qualified/part qualified accountant with industry experience (desirable)
• Resilient, adaptable and used to working under pressure
• Excellent system skills, Sage 50 also proficient knowledge with Excel (logical functions, Vlookups and pivot tables)
• Experience using Sterling Transport System (desirable)
• Proactive, self-starter and finisher
• Enthusiasm to add value and insight
• High attention to detail, completeness and reconciliation of information
• Professional level of communication in verbal and written form
• Previous experience in transportation is desirable but not essential
In return for the above our client is offering a competitive basic salary of between £35,000 and £40,000 DOE as well as additional company benefits. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5pm (can be flexible on start and finish times).
Our client is also offering 20 days holiday plus bank and free parking on site.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.