Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary working within a law firm? Are you looking for a role where you can support a high performing successful team?
LHR are proud to be representing a successful professional services client as they look to recruit a Legal Secretary for their Blackburn location. This is a part time role working 28 hours per week Monday to Friday with hours to be agreed but to include Thursday & Friday.
The successful candidate will work within the Employment Department providing support and assistance to lawyers in the wider team and communicating with clients and other professionals.
Key Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary:
• Relationship building with 3rd parties, proactively progressing matters
• Handling first line client queries
• Arranging practical aspects relating to case work
• Undertaking due diligence and research
• Routine case work such as arranging conferences, expert meetings, dealing with 3rd party payments
• Assisting the legal team and taking ownership for generating, development and enhancing referrer relationships
• Diary management
• Preparation of complex documentation
• Preparing client care letters, terms and conditions and ensuring all templates/precedents are up to date
• Proactively supporting lawyers in file reviews
• Liaising with Risk and Compliance on Audit
• Preparing bills
• Supporting lawyers in proactively managing WIP and aged debt
• Assisting with risk and compliance elements associated with case work
• Ensuring internal procedures are applied and followed relating to each file
• Escalating client or lawyer issues as they arise
• Assuming key role within the department to enhance client service, efficiencies and ensuring the smooth running of the overall team
The Successful Legal Secretary:
• 12 months experience in a Legal Secretary/Assistant role
• Experience of working with a case management system
• Excellent organisational skills and communication skills
• Highly organised with effective time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Our client offers a competitive employee benefits package including continued development and learning opportunities, generous holiday entitlement, pension contributions, funded events and other exciting perks!
If you’re an experienced Legal Secretary looking for your next challenge, send your CV through to us.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.