Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you an experienced Legal Assistant working within a law firm? Do you have experience within Residential Conveyancing?
LHR are proud to be representing a successful professional services client as they look to recruit a Legal Assistant for their Blackburn location within their Residential Conveyancing team.
Working closely with the lawyers advising clients in respect of their often-complex casework, you will be required to assist in the day to day progression of files, office administration and management of lawyers diaries’, calls and internal administration. Your role will require an ability to speak with clients and other professionals, a high level of organisation and initiative and ability to work on multiple matters.
Key Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant:
• Liaising with clients, 3rd parties and referrers as well as internal teams in a courteous and helpful manner
• Handling first line client queries
• Undertaking due diligence and research together with preparing complex reports
• Attending upon clients for administrative matters
• Attending meetings for note taking
• Routine case work such as arranging conferences, expert meetings, dealing with 3rd party payments
• Diary management and arranging internal management meetings
• Preparation of complex documentation, client care letters, terms and conditions and ensuring all templates/precedents are up to date
• Proactively supporting lawyers in file reviews and liaising with Risk and Compliance on Audit
• Preparing bills and supporting lawyers in proactively managing WIP and aged debt
• Assisting with risk and compliance elements associated with case work
• Ensuring internal procedures are applied and followed relating to each file
• Assuming key role within the department to enhance client service, efficiencies and ensuring the smooth running of the overall team
• Updating external websites and portals on matters, as and when required
The Successful Legal Assistant:
• 12 months experience within a Legal Assistant role
• Experience within residential conveyancing is preferred
• Previous experience of using a case management system
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Able to communicate effectively with 3rd parties and internal teams
Our client offers a fantastic industry leading onboarding process with a wide range of benefits including continued development and learning opportunities, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme and much more!
If you’re an experienced Legal Assistant looking for your next challenge, send your CV through to us.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.