Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
LHR are thrilled to be working with our leading FMCG client exclusively to source an experienced HSE Manager to join their expanding, well established business in Blackburn. Our successful client provides private label goods as well as additional services such as fulfillment and logistics, with over 100 years industry knowledge.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage all aspects of HSE and welfare for the business and its employees. As HSE Manager you will report directly to the Head of Operations and be responsible for defining and implementing the overall future quality strategy including creating annual HSE plans, maintain policies and ensuring that factory safety is paramount.
Key Duties of the QHSE Manager:
• Contribute strongly towards achieving and maintaining certification to BRC and relevant ISO standards
• Support a safe working environment and minimise/eliminate risks to employees
• Drive improvements in levels of housekeeping in line with customer and auditory expectations.
• Ensure compliance across the business with the relevant environmental requirements.
• Design and oversee the delivery of relevant HSE improvement training across all business functions and as required
• Maintain, implement and develop current H&S policies and procedures
• Ensure factory compliance
• Provide company wide support of any and all HSE issues when required
• Attend relevant industry related meetings/networking
• Be the company HSE contact for all internal and external enquiries
The Successful QHSE Manager:
• Practical experience of managing and developing systems of work in line with ISO
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role within an FMCG company
• Professional safety qualifications, NEBOSH
• A customer focused mindset
• An enthusiastic person with an ambition to help grow the business
• An organised, professional, friendly and empathetic personality
• Valid UK driving licence
• The ability to work towards relevant KPI’s and targets in line with the role
The salary for the HSE Manager is negotiable for the right candidate dependant on experience. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with some flexibility required due to the nature of the role and shift pattern. Our client is also offering standard pension contributions, holiday entitlement of 23 days plus bank and employee discounts. As well as this generous package, our client is also offering training opportunities and career development. An immediate start could be available for the right candidate.
Only candidates that meet the relevant criteria will be contacted
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.