Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you an experienced HR Manager? Are you CIPD Level 7 qualified and looking for an amazing new opportunity?
LH-Recruitment are thrilled to be working exclusively with a fantastic, well established client that is one of the UK’s leading packaging solutions suppliers in their field based in Haslingden. They are now looking to recruit an experienced, proactive HR Manager/Business Partner with a ‘can do attitude’ and a strong, proven interest in people, values and staff motivation.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to build a HR department and implement their own policies and procedures. You will report into the Executive Director but take full ownership of the role and department.
Key Duties of the HR Manager/Business Partner:
• To establish a functioning, efficient and compliant HR Department
• To support and advise managers across the business on terms and conditions of employment, policies and procedures
• Work closely with senior management to help develop and implement core values and an engaged people-based culture
• Work closely with heads of department on employee relations, providing support and guidance where needed
• Oversee and coordinate the day to day running of the recruitment process. To support and advise the business with the advertising and selection process
• Deliver awareness sessions to managers and their teams on specific HR initiatives as directed.
• Coordinate the Absence Management Policy and maintain the absence triggers, reporting outcomes to Managers
• Work with the business to develop policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practise
• Manage, store, use and maintain ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in compliance with GDPR and notify any concerns to Senior Management
• Update personnel record systems, keeping a record of important dates and meetings with employees
• To stay abreast of changes in employment law, communicating and implementing changes alongside Senior Management
• Review employee contracts and ensure new starters are inducted into the business
• Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
The Successful HR Manager/Business Partner:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in a Manufacturing industry is ESSENTIAL
• The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Exceptional organisational skills
• The ability to work tactfully and deal with difficult situations
• Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation
• CIPD level 7
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
This position which would be well suited to an experienced HR Manager looking for their next challenge. You will want to further your career and develop a long-standing future. You must be well organised, focused, motivated and able to work under your own initiative. Manufacturing experience is ESSENTIAL.
The salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience, and there will be a profit-based bonus structure to be discussed at 2nd interview stage. In return for the above our client is also offering annual appraisals and salary reviews with fantastic opportunities to develop. An immediate start can also be available for the right candidate.
Laura Hartley Recruitment Ltd is operating as an employment business. Laura Hartley Recruitment Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.