Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 dependant on relevant experience
Laura Hartley Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join a busy, thriving fantastic client of ours based in Blackburn. MUST SPEAK FRENCH fluently.
The ideal candidate will be CIMA qualified and have relevant experience within a commercial industry. You should possess exceptional IT skills including but not limited to Excel and have the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels. You will be commercially minded and work closely with other departments to improve the operating efficiencies of the company. You must possess an extremely strong work ethic as well as strong technical accounting skills with a good working knowledge of IFRS and French GAAP.
The role will also act as a Finance point of contact for all Senior Management. The Individual will be expected to support all aspects of the Management accounts and financial reporting process.
• Preparation and review of monthly management accounts from trial balance to financial statements
• Ensuring adherence to IFRS accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements
• Management and development of a team of part qualified and qualified accountants
• Lead the Balance Sheet reconciliation process with the support of the team. This includes management of all aspects of the Balance Sheet.
• Comparing actual performance to budget and prior year and articulate understanding of underlying business performance
• Review of Lead Schedules and ensure these are prepared and reviewed on a timely basis
• Business partnering with stakeholders
• Lead management accountants to drive the month end process and ensure strict deadlines are achieved to support group reporting requirements
• Support group related requirements
• Develop and ensure team focus of ensuring accuracy of site by site P&Ls
• Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
• Lead year end statutory audit process, liaising with external auditors and providing all necessary documentation and evidence.
• Preparation of statutory accounts and monthly group pack submissions
• Lead on ongoing development of finance systems and processes
• Lead on ongoing development of finance processes and controls
• Lead on acquisition integration
• Work closely with and develop a strong relationship with the Transactional manager to ensure strong transactional level control
• Other adhoc projects
• French speaking
• Flexibility is required due to seniority of the role this is not necessarily a 9-5 role
• Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
• Possess an extremely strong work ethic
• Strong Technical Accounting Skills with good working knowledge of IFRS and French GAAP.
• Strong Excel Skills
• Experience of managing similar sized teams or equivalent
• Experience of finance systems preferable SAP
Working hours may vary dependant on workload.
Our client is offering a salary of £60,000 to £65,000 dependant on relevant experience and 25 days holiday plus bank.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.