Salary: £25K TO £27K DOE plus an excellent commission structure
LH recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with our Preston based client to source an enthusiastic and proactive Business Development Manager to join their expending business. Our client specialises in digital solutions and some experience within this industry would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided. This is a B2B role predominantly focused on new business and moving into a full 360-degree account management position on retention of new clients.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for improving our client’s position within the market, enhancing their brand and reputation as well as achieving consistent financial growth.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Calling potential new clients both on the phone and F2F and identifying key decision
makers within the business
• Researching and building relationships with new clients, new business and setting up
sales meetings to help grow the client base
• Designing and pricing the solutions or services
• Retaining current clients by presenting new products and services
• Work with technical and design teams to meet customer needs
• Attend relevant industry functions and provide feedback to your colleagues on market
trends and any regulation updates
• Using market knowledge, identify and utilise our clients unique selling points
• Submit monthly progress reports
• Provide the management team with forecast sale targets
• Track and record activity on all accounts
• Dealing with the full 360-degree sales pipeline from new customer to managing and
maintaining the relationship and service
Key skills and experience required;
• Previous experience of cold calling customers both on the phone and in person is
essential to this role
• A proven record of meeting targets, KPI’s and deadlines
• Confidence, patience and determination
• The ability to work off own initiative and as part of a team
• At least 2 years’ experience within a similar role
• Proven experience of time management and autonomous working.
This role will involve driving to see clients and appointments so, a clean, valid UK driving licence is essential. You should also be prepared to be out of the office a couple of days a week.
In return for the above skill set our client is offering a generous basic of between £25,000 and £27,000 DOE plus an excellent commission structure to be discussed at interview stage. The working hours will be 37.5 per week with some flexibility required due to the nature of the role.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.